3 leeks, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
3 1/2-4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup heavy cream
S & P
1 tablespoon parsley
3 scallions, finely chopped
Hot, crusy bread or bread bowl
1. Soak chopped leeks in cold water for 5 minutes. Scrub out loose dirt.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook vegetables until soft.
3. Add the sliced potatoes and cover with the broth. When the potatoes are soft, turn down the heat and begin to mash with a potato masher.
4. Stir in heavy cream. Cook an additional 15 minutes.
5. Serve in bowls alongside crusty bread. Top with parsley and scallions.
Irish you luck!